Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Horrible Poetry

I had a real friend who later turned imaginary
A chap with disposition rather dromedary

Cheesed off with my tongue rather blunt
He felt he needed to pull this tasteless stunt

Restrict friends and hide oneself away
On facebook's easily possible today

But the question that deigns to be asked
Why was this subterfuge so blithey tasked

Ah! I see that we share some groups
My comments critiques taken to be rebukes

My corrections I didn't know were unwelcome
Now straight talk I have totally dumped

All I now offer is applause and appreciation
Be it a verse trite or banal pontification

And if I don't understand something
I just keep quiet. Its okay not knowing

And when the pompous fools jabber about
With fucked-up language and blow their spout

I just ignore this in the interest of peace
Don't throw me out of this group o please

I have pissed many people off I know
Only because those who should say no
Have led the deluded into believing
Their words have weight of thoughts in sieving

But it keeps me up at nights this pandering deceit
Language curses me for letting plant the seed

'What for I am' seething blindingly this way
There's no grammar discipline or metered array

Why is it that those who should know better
base the praise on the topic not verse or letter

If form is not important and topic adequate
Why not just write it down and exclaimate

This is no poem but a warning call
Let's see by morning who's first to bawl

Quateel Ahmad
Dec 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment